Guideposts for the Dachstein Hiking Tour
- Always easy to keep your bearings along natural and near-natural paths and trails on and around the Dachstein - no paving, no concrete!
- At a range of elevations between 780 and 2700 meters
- Amid the most diverse scenery imaginable - from the valley floor to glacial regions
- 8 readily manageable daily stages – "without ropes or hooks"
- Each day of hiking has a different theme: history, stories and windows to the past make this hiking tour more than exciting
- Spanning 3 Austrian provinces: Upper Austria, Styria and SalzburgerLand
- Overnights at scenic chalets and Alpine inns
- Nature experiences: on and around one of Austria's most beautiful mountains - the Dachstein, a UNESCO "World, Nature and Cultural Heritage Region"
- The tours present no technical difficulties; hiking experience, physical fitness and a certain degree of stamina are, however, necessary in order to circumnavigate the king of the Austrian Alps.